Easy snacks for kids are a life hack for present-day parents who juggle hundreds of different things at once. Therefore, today we present you with fun snack ideas to entertain your little tots.
Have you been searching for easy snacks for kids that you can put together in under 15 minutes? In that case, continue reading to find a few quick and easy delicious recipes that make healthy snacks for kids.
Easy Snacks for Kids – Approved by Kids
If you have children, you know how important snacks are. This selection of kid-approved fast snack ideas contains both sweet and savoury options that your kids will be yearning for on a daily basis. It doesn’t have to be all French fries and biscuits when it comes to snacking. It can comprise a variety of delightful treats made from veggies, fruits, and other ingredients. Also, you can even make your own personal favourites and share them with your children.
These can be great additions to your preschooler’s snack boxes, or they can simply feed fussy eaters who like to see a variety in their food options. So, without further ado, let’s dive straight into our selection of healthy snacks for toddlers and preschoolers.
This 5 to 10-minute treat is the perfect afterschool or tea time snack for your kiddos. Also, we are quite sure you will love it too. In addition, it can make a great snack for your kid’s lunch box.
- 4 Slices of bread
- Cirio Pizza Sauce
- 3/4th of a cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 Sausages (meat of your preference)
- 1 – 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (approx.. 175 degrees Celcius)
- Then, line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the 4 slices of bread on the prepared baking tray and evenly spread with pizza sauce.
- Afterwards, top the bread with mozzarella, cooked or fried sliced sausages and sliced tomatoes.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Trail Mix Energy Balls
Energy balls (also referred to as trail mix balls) are one of our favourite snack recommendations. Also, they are super easy to make. Additionally, it’s one snack you can put together in 10 minutes. The best part is that they are made with healthy ingredients yet taste absolutely delicious. It’s almost too good to be true. Moreover, they are almost like oatmeal cookies but way healthier! If you want to eat them for a week, you can easily make a bunch and store them in the fridge. Additionally, they make the perfect snack for your toddler’s preschool snack box. Also, you can snack on these energy balls any time of the day.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Half a cup chocolate chips
- 1/4th of a cup chopped almonds or peanuts
- 1/4th cup raisins
- 1/4th cup Ritzbury Pebbles
- 3/4th cup Ma’s Peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the peanut butter in a microwave for about 30 seconds
- Get a large bowl and stir together oats, chocolate chips, chopped almonds, raisins, pebbles, melted peanut butter, honey and salt.
- Then, stir until the mixture is combined well.
- Scoop out tablespoon size amounts and make little balls of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until firm.
Peanut Butter and Jam Tacos
Children have returned to school after almost a year of online classes. So, what does this mean for the parents? Hectic mornings! Mornings are usually spent preparing lunches, getting the kids ready for school and getting dressed for work. Therefore we decided to put down an easy to make lunch snack recipe for your kiddos. Also, you can add any of your favourite fruits to this recipe and customize it the way your kiddos will like it.
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/3rd cup peanut butter
- 1/3rd cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 a cup chopped strawberry
- 1/4th cup crushed batter carol biscuits
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Using a large glass or biscuit cutter, cut the bread into a circular shape discarding the crust.
- Spread the peanut butter over the circular bread
- Thereafter, spread the jam on top of the peanut butter.
- Then, sprinkle with chopped strawberries and crushed biscuits.
- Drizzle a bit of honey on top.
- Then, fold the circular bread like a Taco and serve.
It might be difficult to come up with nutritious snacks that kids would enjoy. In addition, as much as we want our kids to eat fruits and vegetables, we know it’s easier said than done. Children love their sweets. However, as parents, we have to be creative and find other ways to replace these sweets. Therefore, banana sushi is easily a creative, fun and delicious snack that your kiddos cannot get enough of.
- 1 Peeled Cavendish Banana
- 2 tbsp melted peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp melted Nutella
- 2 tbsp crushed batter carol biscuits
- Place the banana on a plate or serving platter and slice it identical to sushi pieces.
- Then, drizzle melted peanut butter over it, followed by melted Nutella.
- Afterwards, top it with chopped strawberries and crushed batter carol biscuits.
Cake in a Mug
If you want to impress your grumpy little ones with a quick chocolate fix, the cake in a mug is the perfect snack. Also, it’s really easy to make. Furthermore, you can always add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it even more delicious. This is not the ideal snack to take to school. However, it makes a great snack for tea time, or it can be a perfect dessert for your kiddo.
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp finely processed sugar (add the sugar in a food processor to get the texture)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pull out the largest mug you have and add self-raising flour, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Then, mix it together thoroughly
- Add the egg and mix it together as much as possible (do not worry if dry parts of the mixture are still left out)
- Afterwards, combine the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts and continue to mix.
- Centre the mug in your microwave oven and cook on high for 2 minutes or until the mixture is firm to the touch.
We hope these easy snack recipes will come in useful to you. Also, if you are looking for easy beverage recipes check out; Modern Beverage Recipes to Quench Your Thirst.