Most parents rack their brains, wondering what should go in their child’s school lunch box every week. In this article, we go over five healthy and delicious, easy-peasy snack recipes.
Are you wondering what should go in your kid’s school lunch box tomorrow? Try out these easy snack recipes you can put together in less than 30 minutes.
Grab The Essential Ingredients You Need For Your Kid’s School Lunch Box From Daraz Mart
Daraz Mart has revolutionized online grocery shopping in Sri Lanka. Daraz has integrated Daraz Mart into the Daraz app so that consumers can shop, save, grab offers and redeem vouchers all in one place. All of this from the comfort of their homes.
If you are looking to order the ingredients you need to make a delicious snack for your child’s school lunch box; get on Daraz Mart now and enjoy the best prices. Whether you are looking for condiments, beverages, or skincare products, Daraz Mart has it all. Watch out for free shipping and other offers. Enjoy the convenience of online grocery delivery to your doorstep.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some fun recipes you can easily prepare for your kid’s school lunch box.
Tuna Sandwich or Wrap
2-4 slices of bread or a tortilla wraps
1 small onion diced
½ a cup sliced lettuce
A pinch of salt
- Mix the tuna, onions, mayonnaise, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mix and combine the ingredients together.
- Place lettuce on a slice of bread and spread half the tuna mixture.
- Sandwich together with another slice of bread.
- Cut it into two parts, four parts or a shape of desire.
400 g Pennne pasta or speggheti
½ a cup Olive Oil
6 thinly sliced garlic slices
A pinch of pepper
Salt to taste
Parmesan Cheese (you can substitute with cheese of choice)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water (add salt and a few drops of olive oil)
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a skillet at medium heat
- Toast the garlic for about 10 minutes until golden brown and remove from heat
- Stir in the salt and pepper into the pasta on a dish
- Pour the garlic olive oil mixture onto the pasta
- Add half of the parmesan cheese and toss until everything is combined together.
- Serve in the lunch box, and sprinkle the rest of the parmesan and parsley on top.
1 Cup Chickpeas
3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 onion finely diced
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
A few curry leaves
4 dried red chillies chopped
Salt to taste
- Long soak the chickpeas under several inches of water overnight in a large bowl
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse
- Add the chickpeas to a large pot of water and bring to a boil and reduce the heat and allow to simmer till the chickpeas reach the desired level of tenderness.
- Drain the water
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves and chilies for around 30 seconds
- Add the onions and cook until golden.
- Stir through the chickpeas and add salt to taste. Sauté for a few minutes until heated through.
- Allow to cool and serve into the lunch box.
1 pack of instant noodles
A Small carrot chopped into thick pieces
Beans sliced into small pieces
1 Onion diced
1 Bell pepper chopped
½ tsp grated ginger
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
3-4 tablespoons oil
- Prepare the noodles as instructed on the packet, and drain the water
- Use the drained water to boil the carrots and beans until tender
- Pour the oil into a skillet and saute the garlic, ginger and onion
- Add the bell pepper and cook for a minute
- Add the boiled vegetables and cook for a few more minutes
- Combine the noodles in the skillet and mix well
6 eggs (large)
1/4th cup full cream milk
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
A pinch of black pepper
1 Cup grated mozzarella cheese (or Cheddar)
½ cup chopped tomatoes
½ a cup bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Whisk the eggs
- Add milk and whisk until the texture is smooth and even
- Apply Olive oil to the baking dish
- Spread the vegetables evenly at the bottom of the dish
- Pour over the egg mixture
- Evenly distribute the cheese on the top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is brown.
We hope these recipes will be helpful for all parents out there. If you are interested in breakfast recipes under 5 minutes, check out our blog, Breakfast Under 5 Mins: Get Ingredients at Your Doorstep from Daraz Mart.